Liaison College at Barrie
Ontario’s Largest Trainer of Chefs & Cooks
Welcome to Liaison College at Barrie
Liaison College was founded on a simple idea: that great cooking and culinary arts education must be complete, practical, and rewarding, and give its graduates the best possible foundation for a career in the foodservice industry.
We offer a concentrated education based on learning by doing, where technique and practical hands-on application form the backbone of our professional programs.
Liaison College is uncompromising dedicated to helping people improve their lives through high-quality education and training programs for careers in the field of culinary arts.
Our Professional Culinary Arts Programs
Liaison College Barrie offers six professional programs and courses for those individuals who love to cook and want to learn more. Whether you already work in the food service business or yearn to be a great cook or professional chef, LCB can help you start or advance the career of your dreams.
This diploma program is an intensive 300 hour exploration and application of classic culinary techniques.
CHEF DE CUISINE
This diploma program is an intensive 600 hour examination and application of both basic and advanced classic culinary techniques.
Upcoming Start Dates
Diploma & Certificate Programs
- November 26, – Baking Series
- December 3, 2018 – Baking Series
- December 10, 2018 – Baking Series
- December 17, 2018 – Baking Series
- January 7, 2019 – Cook Basic, Cook Advanced, Chef de Cuisine & Culinary Management
- January 7, 2019 – Red Seal Preparation Certificate
- February 11, 2019 – Cook Basic, Cook Advanced, Chef de Cuisine & Culinary Management
- February 11, 2019 – Baking Series
- April 23, 2019 – Cook Basic, Cook Advanced, Chef de Cuisine & Culinary Management
- April 23, 2019 – Red Seal Preparation Certificate
- May 27, 2019 – Cook Basic, Cook Advanced, Chef de Cuisine & Culinary Management
- May 27, 2019 – Personal Chef
- May 27, 2019 – Baking Series
Call 705-720-2433 – No application fees & free tour of the college
Subscribe to Liaison College’s Newsletter
Recreational Cooking Classes
- ITALIAN NIGHT! Back by popular demand! – Oct. 25, 2018 Let’s head to Naples and enjoy the rich favours of Italian cuisine! – SOLD OUT!
- GLUTEN-FREE HOLIDAY BAKING – Nov. 1, 2018 Let’s get ready for the holidays – Gluten-Free Style! – FEW SEATS REMAIN
- FRENCH CUISINE! Back by popular demand! – Nov. 8, 2018 Classic French Tourtiere and more! Oui, Oui! – SOLD OUT!
- HOLIDAY BAKING – Nov. 15, 2018 Let’s get ready for those fun moments with family & friends! – FEW SEATS REMAIN
- HOLIDAY COOKIE EXCHANGE! – Nov. 22, 2018 Delicious cookies to exchange with your family & friends! – FEW SEATS REMAIN
- MEAL PLANNING FOR THE HOLIDAYS! – Nov. 29, 2018 With the holiday season coming up, everyone’s schedule gets busy and you don’t have time to make good, healthy meals. Join our Chef & learn how to make 3 delicious meals for your upcoming busy days.
- VEGAN MEALS! – Jan. 10, 2019 Meal planning is an important part of everyone’s life in order to eat healthy and keep you grocery budget in check! Let us show you how it’s done!
- VEGETARIAN MEALS! – Jan. 17, 2019 Let’s make delicious meals “veggie style”! Learning to plan, budget, save time, money and eat healthy!
- GLUTEN FREE MEALS! – Jan. 24, 2019 Start your new year off on a positive, gluten-free note! Fantastic gluten-free meals that you’ll enjoy and make for years to come!
- INDIAN CUISINE! – Jan. 31, 2019 Spices, spices, and so much delicious favour. Enjoy the beautiful and rich favours of Indian cuisine!
- GREEK GOODIES! – Feb. 7, 2019 Can you say “Spanakopita” and more!
- SPECIAL DATE NIGHT! FRENCH CUISINE STYLE – Feb. 14, 2019 Calling all you romantics for our Valentine’s Day Special Menu!
- GERMAN FAVOURITES! – Feb. 21, 2019 Let’s take a trip to Germany and learn how to make schnitzel and sides from scratch!
- ITALIAN NIGHT! – Feb. 28, 2019 Back by popular demand. Our Chef will take you on another Italian adventure!
- LET’S GO TO SPAIN! – Mar. 7, 2019 Make Gazpacho and more from scratch!
- HELLO SWEDEN! – Mar. 14, 2019 Can you say Swedish meatballs?
- TAPAS! TAPAS! TAPAS! – Mar. 21, 2019 Delicious little bits of goodness!
- TRAVELING IS FUN, SO LET’S GO TO MOROCCO! – Mar. 28, 2019 Get ready for some exotic spices, and beautiful favours that will make your plate sing!
People often enroll at Liaison College because they have a dream of having their own restaurant… and this is certainly possible! A restauranteur, however, is only one of the possible careers that a Liaison College graduate can pursue. Here are some exciting and challenging positions that our grads hold:
- Chain and independent restaurants
- Institutional kitchens such as schools, nursing homes, jails
- Private clubs
- Seasonal establishments such as golf or skiing
- Personal chef
- Food styling
- Test kitchens
- Kids cooking camps
- Private chefs
- Craft kitchens for movie and tv sets
- Food manufacturing
- Food demonstrators
- Cooking schools such as LCBO and Loblaws
- Butcher shops
- Pastry shops
- Baking facilities
- Cruise ships
- Private charter boats
- Hunting and fishing camps
- Northern mining and logging camps
- Self-employed – start a business (we have several of these of note: Gorilla Cheese, Memphis Fire, Garnishes, Lord Byrons, Ezra Annes House B & B, From the Farm Cookery School)
Contact Barrie Liaison College